Sounds of the Wheatbelt Album
Sounds of the Wheatbelt is a limited edition ten-track album featuring incredible artists from across the Wheatbelt region. Sounds of the Wheatbelt is proudly presented by project partners Celebrate WA, RAC, Brookfield Rail and the Avon Community Development Foundation through the Wheatbelt Development Commission. Sounds of the Wheatbelt is an integrated song production, arrangement and audio engineering skills development project. The concept was developed by WA’s regionally based songwriters and emerging audio engineers, for whom access to professional recording facilities and skills is often limited by distance. The Sounds of the Wheatbelt CD is the product of this project and showcases a small percentage of songwriters from the region.
CD's are free and additional postage fee will apply.
Artists featured on the CD
- Stay Right Here by Georgie Sadler (Wongan Hills)
- Long Time Gone by Billy Narrier (Mogumber)
- Forget The Bitumine by Brian 'Buzzer' Bitter (Jurien Bay)
- The Eastern Line (Grandad's Song) by Hayden Sprigg (Mukinbudin)
- I Waited by Ryan Flanagan (Merredin)
- Lost by Tom O'Brien and Russel Gooley (Narrogin)
- Sacred Sound by John Read (Kondinin)
- Once There Was by Gloria Franke (Jurien Bay) feat Matt Knight
- Our Town by The Pipeline Band (Northam)
Their songs were professionally recorded in a makeshift studio set up in a farmhouse between Dowerin and Wongan Hills.