As Western Australia´s fourth biggest exporter of iron ore, our Western Australian mining operations include the Koolyanobbing Project located on the border of the Goldfields and Wheatbelt regions which provide lump and fine products to Asia, exported from our Port Operations in Esperance, with our Asia Pacific head office located in Perth.
Contract Lab Technician (Entry Level) - approx 3 months
Cliffs currently has an exciting opportunity for an individual in the role of Contract Lab Technician (Entry Level) based at our Koolyanobbing operations for an initial three month contract, which may extend longer. This role does not require previous lab technician work experience as on the job training will be provided, however suitable applicants must have a university degree qualification, or be working towards a uni degree qualification, and will be required to be quick learners with a high level of attention to detail, with the ability to make decisions on their feet and a desire to further their career in the mining industry.
The Lab Technician role is responsible for analysis and timely reporting of sample results whilst maintaining accuracy and precision targets as well as best practice safety standards.
Key accountabilities include:
- Complete physical analysis of samples including sizing and moisture determination to the required standards
- Prepare samples for chemical analysis including sample division, crushing and milling to the required standards
- Complete chemical analysis of samples including LOI and XRF analysis to the required standards
- Report physical and chemical analysis in alignment to customer requirements
- Perform regular inspections and housekeeping as required
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and procedures that adhere to Cliffs Safety Standards.
To be successful, you will possess the following:
- University degree qualification - or working towards – with the desire and dedication to further your career in the mining industry
- Ability to safely meet the physical requirements of the role including large amounts of walking per shift, sustained standing, regular lifting & carrying of approx. 10kg weights.
- Ability to follow set guidelines and procedures in a safe and timely manner
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Current valid manual C Class Driver's Licence (must be maintained during employment in this role)
- The ability to work as a team player within a dynamic and continuously changing work environment
- Logical problem solver with the ability to troubleshoot
- Mechanical aptitude will be highly regarded.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19 December 2016
|Application closing date||19/12/2016|
|Company||Cliffs Natural Resources|